West Bengal erupted in spontaneous protests on October 2 against the brutal lathicharge in which more than three hundred Left Front leaders and workers were injured on October 1. A massive protest is planned on October 5.
There was widespread anger in Tripura against the brutal lathicharge on peaceful demonstrators in Kolkata on October 1, in which around 200 were injured. Seen here is a protest march in Sadar on October 2
Kolkata Police mercilessly beat up Left Front demonstrators protesting deteriorating law and order in the city on October 1. Many including Central Committee Member Dipak Dasgupta were injured.
Large number of supporters of the Kolkata Left Front march towards the headquarters of the Kolkata Police on October 1 protesting against the deteriorating law and order in the city. They were stopped and brutally lathicharged.
30% of manufacturing capacity in the country is unutilised. With declining purchasing power, high dose of public investment is required to trigger growth in employment which will give people purchasing power -- Sitaram Yechury at Tiruppur
Polit Bureau Member Pinarayi Vijayan, speaking on "The Message of Sreenarayana Guru & Secularism" while inaugurating the ambulance and mobile mortuary service of the E.K. Nayanar Charitable Trust in Thiruvananthapuram on September 21
Leaders of the Chattisgarh State Committee of the Party met Chief Minister Raman Singh on September 18 demanding that the entire state be declared drought affected and permission not be granted to Balco to close down some units
P.B member, Pinarayi Vijayan, at the dharna by All Kerala Government College Teachers Association at Thiruvananthapuram, from September 16 to 18, for immediate settlement of issues related to pay commission and against the moves to amend labour laws
Polit Bureau Member and West Bengal State Secretary Surya Kanta Mishra addressing a rally at Ramganga bus stand, Pathar Pratima, South 24 Parganas on September 14, 2015
Actual control of the Modi government lies with the RSS -- CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury while addressing a public meeting commemorating the birth centenary of Comrade Harkishan Singh Surjeet in Kolkata, on September 13, 2015
Only 46% of India’s net sown area (land which is sown at least once) is irrigated. The remaining 54% supports 44% of the population and depends completely on the monsoon rains (Ministry of Agriculture)
The gap in monthly expenditures between tribal households and upper castes increased from 49% in 1999-2000 to 53% in 2011-12 in rural areas and from 45% to 48% in urban areas. (NSSO)